Saturday 27th July, 10am-5pm, Fanboy 3, Manchester
Wasn’t sure that it was going to happen, but the happy circumstance that lead me to organising the first BurritoCon last year has happened again (my daughter wants a lift to Manchester ComicCon with her mates and I’m on taxi duty; rather that driving to Manchester and back to Liverpool twice I thought it’d be nice to get some gaming in).
As at previous events it’ll be held at the fantastic Fanboy 3. I really love that store, they have a great attitude towards small events like this and also have a load of great gaming stuff to tempt you while there. If only they’d relocate to Liverpool…
The event be held on 27th July and will run from 10am to 5pm with two three hour slots (10-1 and 2-5), maximum 6 players plus a GM per table. That’s space for 21 to attend, and I already have quite a few names on the list. The only cost is the regular £3 per game for players to Fanboy 3, GM’s get £1 store credit for each player in their game (at least it was last year, I’ll double check with them). The store is only 5-10 minutes walk from Picadilly station and there are loads of food options nearby (including but not limited to Burrito’s).
Games on offer:
Morning (10am – 1pm)
- Table 1:
- System: Marvel FASERIP
- Title: Escape from New York
- GM: @ConvergenceUK1
- Table 2:
- System: The Code of Steam and Steel
- Title: The case of the missing Prince Albert – a Detective Inspector Rabbit mystery Her Majesty Queen Victoria’s IronClad, the Prince Albert, is missing. Last evening she was tied up at London Dock’s. This morning she was gone! Disappeared into thin air. Time for Detective Inspectors Rabbit, Mabel Wisbech, Strauss and (3) other characters from the recent TV series to investigate.
- Tags: Turn of the century, Victoriana, Gritty East End Police Procedural Romp, Dockyard language.
- GM: @squadronuk
- Table 3:
- System: Old School Essentials
- Title: For the Honour of the Tribe (from Imagine magazine Issue 2)The tales of your ancestors tell how your tribe has lived forever in harmony with the land. Even when the wizard moved into his nearby tower many years ago a status quo was established, with your natural distrust of magic ensuring your people kept their distance. However the recent theft of a tribal relic is blamed on the sorcerer and you are tasked with recovering it – for the honour of the tribe!
- GM: @OldScouserRPing
- Table 4:
- System: Monkey
- Title: Peaches Fallen From Heaven
- Chang’an is the cosmopolitan capital of the great Tang Empire. Here Chinese citizens, brush shoulders with Turkish traders, and Buddhist Monks discuss the finer points of religion with their Taoist counterparts. All while an invisible department of the Celestial Bureaucracy made up of diverse immortals, such as yourselves, ensure the smooth day to day running of the city.Today is an unhappy day. Peaches of Immortality have fallen from Western Heaven and one has landed in the city. Your department’s initial divinations are not good. They indicate the involvement of Triads, magical secret societies, a high risk of Kung Fu fighting and even Demonic interference! Nervously your boss the City God looks to you to find the missing peach and restore harmony to the city.
- GM: @Newtus
Afternoon (2pm – 5pm)
- Table 1:
- System: Dungeon Crawl Classics
- Title: Frozen in Time
- GM: @mcdie88
- Table 2:
- System: WEG Star Wars D6
- Title: Everyone Comes To Squig’s
- In a town at the edges of an increasingly totalitarian state, the arrival of a fugitive freedom fighter and his partner causes a cynical bar-owner and a corrupt police chief to question their loyalties and perhaps take a stand. Casablanca 1941? No – a galaxy far away…
- GM: @fechtbuch
- Table 3:
- System: Project Cassandra
- Title: Ich bin ein Berliner
- June, 1963. With the Cold War at its height, the subjects of Project Cassandra foretell of a perilous moment for the future. A tipping point on the scales that holds in its hands the fate of the West. With reports falling on deaf ears within the sprawling bureaucracy that controls the intelligence services the Projects risks everything with an unauthorized black-ops mission – Airlift the subject into West Berlin and ensure that President Kennedy survives long enough to tell the world Ich bin ein Berliner…
- GM: @whodo_voodoo
- Table 4:
- System: HeroQuest Glorantha
- Title: Wyrmghost Ruins
- GM: @ian_h_cooper
I’ll post more details about the games on offer as they come in, if you fancy getting along contact me on Twitter @OldScouserRPing or in a reply to this post.
8 thoughts on “BurritoCon3”
I’m looking to get back into RPGs after a 25 year gap, and was wondering if your Burrito con would be a good starting point for me to pick the dice again. I used to play in up til my mid twenties and kind of drifted out of the hobby, we used to play Coc, Middle Earth, Gamma world and Runquest. I’m interested in any game at the moment although the Marvel game in the morning looks good.
Let know know what you think, I’m practically a beginner so may not be what you are looking for.
That was me 3 years ago – a 20+ year break from RPG’s doing the family thing (and to be fair I’d lost the bug). Second time around the obsession is much stronger!
I would say BurritoCon would be a great event for you to rediscover RPG’s. I know most of the attendees and they’re a real friendly bunch, plus the 2 x 3 hour format isn’t overdoing it. From my point of view it would be great if you could come along.
The spaces are limited, but I’d be happy to reserve you a seat. Are you on Twitter? I tend to do most of the organisation for it on there… if you are I’m @OldScouserRPing
I am on Twitter jonac943, I’ll send you a DM, but yep if there’s a space count me in please
Excellent, will be great to have you along, hopefully be the start of a renew RPG obsession!
Hi! Andy H from Pink Gins campaign here. Two more players for you if there’s still space – my mate Iain (who’s moving to Manchester next week) and me.
Hey Andy, that’s great, I’ll add you to the Twitter group so you get updates