I’m running a Barbarians of Lemuria adventure, A Heart for Madness, at UK Games Expo. The characters start the adventure in the employ of the merchant Rustus in the old trading city of Oomis, acting as guards for him and his family.
The heroes are a hard as nails ragtag band of adventurers. Like all such heroes they have blown the fortune from their last adventure on carousing, and now find themselves in gainful employment. They are:
Barbarians of Lemuria is a classless system, in addition to their attributes and combat abilities characters are defined by careers. The titles above are there just to give an indication of the careers the characters have and perhaps their archetype when I created them.
Barbarians of Lemuria is a simple system, the key elements are:
- Roll 2d6 + attribute + career (if any) vs target of 9 to succeed
- Roll 2d6 + attribute + melee/ranged – targets defence vs target of 9 to hit
- Every roll is against a target of 9
- Bonus die; roll 3d6 rather than 2d6 and drop lowest
- Penalty die; roll 3d6 rather than 2d6 and drop highest
- Boons give good stuff and often a bonus die on certain actions
- Flaws are bad stuff and often give a penalty die
- Heroes start each session with 5 hero points, these can be spent on cool things in the game
That’s about all you need to know to get started, the rest is so easy to pick up in play. Can’t wait to run this!